Last Updated: 1/12/2021 at 4:11 p.m.
Greetings to all Save Home Heat Customers:
Someday when we look back on what has now been 40 years of serving our customers, COVID-19 will surely stand out as the most unique challenge. As a provider of sometimes critical health and safety services, we want to share with you how our team is responding.
With so many more people spending time in their homes, the need for HVAC, plumbing and electrical services has remained the same, or even increased. If your toilet backs up, or your electrical system is compromised, or your heating system stops working, being stuck at home becomes even more complicated. In some cases, it may even be an emergency.
**If we come to your home to perform a service (assuming your home is not a quarantined area), the following steps will be taken for your protection and that of our workers:**
- We will maintain the recommended social distancing of 6 feet.
- Our techs will wear a mask during the visit. If governmental guidelines change and become less restrictive, and if you and our workers are comfortable without masks, this may be revisited. But for the foreseeable future, our techs will be wearing a mask.
- Our tech will minimize conversation and interpersonal contact.
- Our tech will email you any documents that may require your signature or attention.
- Any of our workers that are sick or subject to quarantine will NOT be working. We are practicing social distancing and the use of masks at our office. Our techs visit our office on a limited and as-needed basis.
- Current CDC guidelines state that wearing protective gloves is not required or necessary except during disinfecting processes or while caring for someone that is sick, and that gloves will not necessarily stop the spread of disease or prevent a person from contracting it. Therefore, our workers will not be required to wear protective gloves if there are no other extenuating circumstances. However, nitrile gloves will remain available to our workforce if they elect to wear them or by customer request.
**If members of your own household are sick or under quarantine:**
- We request that any routine work be postponed. Our office staff will coordinate rescheduling.
- If you have pressing plumbing, electrical, or HVAC needs while sick or under quarantine, please contact our dispatch team and we can discuss how to address your situation.
Thank you for taking the time to read this. This is a fluid situation and our ability to respond may change. Our dispatch and management teams will remain available to answer your questions as best as we can.
We wish you the very best, and pledge to serve you safely and effectively as we all work through this together.
Dave Lawler, Owner
Save Home Heat Company