Last Updated: 3/20/2020 at 1:43 p.m.
Greetings to all Save Home Heat Customers:
Someday when we look back on what has now been 40 years of serving our customers, COVID-19 will surely stand out as the most unique challenge. As a provider of sometimes critical health and safety services, we want to share with you how our team is responding.
As more and more people are staying home, or are even confined to their homes, the need for HVAC, plumbing and electrical services will not conveniently come to an end. If your toilet backs up, or your electrical system is compromised, or your heating system stops working, being stuck at home becomes even more complicated. In some cases, it may even be an emergency.
It’s therefore our mission to maintain a viable workforce. Until further notice, we will continue to remain available for our full range of services. This includes equipment installation, repairs and maintenance.
**If we come to your home to perform a service (assuming your home is not a quarantined area), the following steps will be taken for your protection and that of our workers:**
- We will maintain the recommended social distancing of 6 feet.
- We will put on a new pair of nitrile gloves upon entry to your home, and again as needed while we are at your home.
- Our tech will have an N-95 mask available for use. Given the shortage of these masks, we will not require or even request that our tech wear one on every visit. However, our tech may elect to wear it, so please don’t be alarmed. That will NOT be an indication that he is sick. Also, if someone in your household is sick or at risk, please let our tech know.
- Our tech will minimize conversation and interpersonal contact.
- Our tech will email you any documents that may require your signature or attention.
- Any of our workers that are sick or subject to quarantine will NOT be working. We are practicing social distancing at our office, with continual disinfecting of our working spaces. Our techs only visit our office on a limited and as-needed basis.
**If members of your own household are sick or under quarantine:**
- We request that any routine work be postponed. Our office staff will coordinate rescheduling.
- If you have pressing plumbing, electrical, or HVAC needs while sick or under quarantine, please contact our dispatch team and we can discuss how to address your situation.
Thank you for taking the time to read this. It is obviously a fluid situation and our ability to respond may change. Our dispatch and management teams will remain available to answer your questions as best as we can.
We wish you the very best, and pledge to serve you safely and effectively as we all work through this together.
Dave Lawler, Owner
Save Home Heat Company