Ductless Air Conditioner Expertise in Lafayette, CO
At Save Home Heat Company, we’re been helping homeowners in Lafayette, CO raise the bar of comfort and efficiency in their homes for over four decades. One of the many ways we accomplish this is with ductless air conditioners. Ductless air conditioners, also known as ductless mini-split air conditioners, are extraordinarily efficient and quiet systems that can quietly and comfortably cool virtually any room or area of your home, without the use of ductwork. The indoor part of these systems is an indoor unit located on an interior wall to distribute the cooled air.
Powering the cooling is a small condensing unit installed outside the home, working in tandem with the inside blower unit to provide cooling. The ductless mini-split air conditioner can be easily controlled from a hand-held remote control thermostat, which can be mounted on the wall, if you prefer. As an added bonus, ductless heat pump models can perform heating as well as cooling! Among the many quality products that our team at Save Home Heat Company installs, ductless systems routinely yield the highest levels of customer satisfaction.
Ductless Air Conditioning System Common Applications
- In a master bedroom that’s too warm
- In an office or den that’s uncomfortable due to copiers, computers and other equipment
- In an area that receives excessive sun exposure
- In homes with hot water heat that can’t use a central AC system
- In homes with central air conditioning where certain rooms aren’t cooled effectively
- When you want to cool certain rooms, but not the whole house
- When central air conditioning costs more to operate than you like
- When your basement gets too cold because of the central AC
Benefits of Ductless Mini-Split Air Conditioners in Lafayette
- They work very quickly
- They’re extremely reliable
- They’re remarkably quiet
- Indoor unit is unobtrusive and doesn’t require a huge hole in the wall or a window
- Outdoor unit is much smaller & quieter than central system equipment
- They’re highly efficient and cost little to operate
- Efficiency ratings up to 30+ SEER!
- INVERTER-driven compressor technology uses only the energy needed to do the job
- They ALWAYS solve their cooling problem!
Create Zones Using One Outdoor Unit
An added perk to the benefits of zoning that mini-split air conditioners and heat pumps afford is that in many cases, you only need one outdoor unit to power multiple indoor blower units. Certain outdoor condenser models, in multi-zone systems, can power a number of indoor blowers, making for a highly compact outdoor footprint, along with extremely quiet outdoor sound levels.
A Variety of Indoor Units Available
In addition to the popular wall-mounted indoor units available, there are other varieties available to meet a range of style and installation needs. Our team can help you choose between options like ceiling-cassette units, floor-mounted models, and duct-able blower units that can be placed out of view.
Mini-Split Heat Pumps for Cooling and Heating
Mini-split heat pumps, another type of ductless system, can both cool your home in the summer and heat it during the winter. Ductless heat pumps come with all of the benefits of ductless AC systems, and are excellent options to independently heat and cool areas of your home where your primary system doesn’t quite do the job, or where you simply desire year-round, independent comfort control. Keep your home office cool during the summers, the basement warm during the winter, or any other areas of your home comfortable that are normally a bit too hot or cold. You won’t need to heat up or cool down your entire home with ductless heat pumps serving your most frequently used areas, either, making this zoning approach a highly efficient option all year-round. For optimal winter operation, certain models are available that can provide significant heat output even when outdoor temperatures are well below zero degrees F.
Brands We Carry
Whole-Home Comfort with Ductless Systems
With the continuing trend towards wind and renewable energy sources for the Denver-Boulder area, many Lafayette homeowners are joining the shift away from burning fossil fuels and converting old gas and electric heating systems over to a zoned heating and cooling system using ductless heat pumps. If you have an older and less efficient system that is due for an upgrade, this is an attractive, environmentally friendly consideration for whole-home heating and cooling.
ENERGY STAR Recognition for Mitsubishi Ductless Air Conditioners
At Save Home Heat Company, we’ve been recommending Mitsubishi ductless air conditioners and heat pumps as our mini-split product line of choice for over 25 years. Their popular M- and P-Series systems have earned recognition from the EPA for meeting all ENERGY STAR efficiency criteria, and many of their most popular models with our customers also qualify for ENERGY STAR Most Efficient labeling, which recognizes a variety of ultra efficient home products each year. Mitsubishi Electric has been a global leader in ductless home comfort technology for over 50 years, and Save Home Heat Company is a highly rated Mitsubishi ELITE Diamond Contractor, their highest level of dealer recognition.
Ductless AC System Rebates
For specific models of high efficiency ductless air conditioners and heat pumps, manufacturer or utility company rebates might be available. To receive up-to-date information about rebates and incentives, be sure to visit our Rebates and Incentives page!
Over 30 Years of Ductless Air Conditioner Experience
Our team at Save Home Heat Company has been installing ductless mini-split air conditioners and heat pumps for homeowners in Lafayette for over three decades. As these products demand more installation expertise than central AC systems, you can rest assured that our sales, service, and installation teams have the experience and ability to get your job done right. For more information and a free, low-pressure price quote, call us today!
Our Complete Line of Quality Home Services Includes:
- AC Repair, Maintenance, and Installation – Ductless & Central Systems
- Furnace, Boiler, and Heat Pump Repair, Maintenance, and Installations
- Hot Water Baseboard and Radiant Floor Heating System Service & Installation
- Household Plumbing Services
- Complete Residential Electrical Services
- Central Indoor Air Quality (IAQ) Products
- Water Heater Repairs & Installation – Standard, High Recovery, Tankless, and more