A ductless air conditioner, also known as a ductless mini-split air conditioner, is a quiet, super-efficient system used to cool any part of your home. An attractive indoor unit is mounted on an interior wall and cool air is distributed quietly into the room.
A small, quiet condensing unit is located outside the house to generate the cooling. The air conditioning system is controlled from an easy to use remote control, or a wall mounted thermostat can be added instead. Of all the products we install, ductless systems provide the highest degree of customer satisfaction. Some models will also provide heat in the winter!
Ductless Air Conditioning System Common Applications
- In a master bedroom that’s too warm
- In an office or den that’s uncomfortable due to copiers, computers and other equipment
- In an area that receives excessive sun exposure
- In homes with hot water heat that can’t use a central AC system
- In homes with central air conditioning where certain rooms aren’t cooled effectively
- When you want to cool certain rooms, but not the whole house
- When central air conditioning costs more to operate than you like
- When your basement gets too cold when you run your central air conditioner
Benefits of Ductless Mini-Split Air Conditioners in the Boulder/Denver Metra Area
- They work very quickly
- They’re extremely reliable
- They’re remarkably quiet
- Indoor unit is unobtrusive and doesn’t require a huge hole in the wall or a window
- Outdoor unit is much smaller & quieter than central system equipment
- They’re highly efficient and cost little to operate
- Efficiency ratings up to 21.0 SEER
- INVERTER-driven compressor technology uses only the energy needed to do the job
- They ALWAYS solve their cooling problem!
The Advantages of Ductless Mini-Split Installation
Some ductless models, called heat pumps, can also double as heaters. All the benefits described above, but for warmth in the winter–as well as cooling in summer! Ductless heat pumps are great for adding independent heating and cooling for home offices, basement finishes, or anywhere in your home that the primary home comfort system just doesn’t seem to do an adequate job. With ductless heat pumps, you no longer need to heat up or cool the entire house just to get one room or area to the right comfort level.
Outdoor Heat Pump in the Boulder/Denver Metro Area
Complimenting the zoning ability provided by mini-split air conditioners and heat pump systems, you often don’t need to install one outdoor unit to match each of the indoor blower units. Outdoor condensing units are available that can power a number of indoor units, keeping your outdoor cooling footprint well contained and noise levels at a minimum.
Indoor Blower Units To Meet Varying Needs
In addition to the very popular compact wall-mounted units, other configurations of indoor units are available to solve varying air distribution needs. These include ceiling-cassette, floor mounted, and a variety of ductable blower units that can be hidden out of view.
Brands We Carry
Mitsubishi Ductless Air Conditioners Have ENERGY STAR Recognition
Mitsubishi ductless air conditioners and heat pumps have been our ductless product line of choice for many years. Mitsubishi’s popular M- and P-Series systems have been recognized by the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) as meeting the ENERGY STAR 2017 Most Efficient criteria. The distinguished honor is given to manufacturers who meet and exceed all efficiency requirements for their systems.
Ductless Air Conditioning Rebates!
Utility company or manufacturer rebates may be available on certain high efficiency ductless air conditoners or heat pumps. Visit our Rebates & Incentives page for up-to-date info!
Ductless Mini-Split Installation for Over 30 Years
Save Home Heat Company has been installing ductless mini-split air conditioners for over 20 years. These products require more creativity and expertise than standard central air conditioners, and our sales, installation, and service teams all have extensive experience and know how to do your job just right. We know you want your home to look as attractive as possible, and we have mastered the art of a low impact installation. Please call now to learn more and get a free, no obligation price quote.