Trusted Arvada Central & Mini-Split Heat Pumps
Heat pumps provide effective, efficient heating and cooling that can be applied to certain areas of the home or as a whole-house solution. Available in both central and ductless mini-split models, heat pumps continue to rise in popularity in Arvada, CO, and the surrounding areas.
About Heat Pumps
Air-source heat pumps are essentially air conditioners that can run ‘in reverse’ during the winter to heat your home. That means they perform both cooling and heating functions for year-round temperature control. These systems are powered by electricity, making them an eco-friendly option for homeowners looking to reduce their carbon footprints by reducing reliance on fossil fuels like propane or gas in the home.
Central heat pumps are not typically adequate to serve as a primary heat source, and are used in tandem with a gas forced air furnace to form what is referred to as a ‘dual fuel heating system.’ A dual fuel heating system is a good option with many benefits for homeowners considering replacing a central air conditioner in Arvada.
Ductless heat pumps, also known as mini-split heat pumps, do not require pairing with a central system. They can be used for personalized heating and cooling in individual rooms and areas, or for an entire home. Mini-split heat pumps are very popular with homeowners that want to address specific rooms that their central system doesn’t reach or adequately heat and cool. These systems continue to grow as a product-of-choice for our customers, routinely garnering high levels of satisfaction.
Brands We Carry
Ductless Mini-Split Heat Pumps
Ductless heat pumps are stylish, quiet, and effective in providing specific area heating and cooling. They are efficient throughout the year, and certain models are even effective in providing heat when outdoor temperatures drop as low as -10 degrees. In partial or whole-home applications, the zoning capability that they offer can be a game changer.
Arvada Mini-Split Heat Pump Benefits:
- Very responsive, effective, and reliable
- Remarkably quiet indoors & outside
- Indoor blower units are sleek & unobtrusive, and don’t require a huge hole in the wall or a window
- Outdoor condenser is much smaller & quieter than a central system unit
- Highly efficient with low operating costs – efficiencies up to 12.5 HSPF (heating) and 30+ SEER (AC)
- INVERTER-driven compressor technology uses only the energy needed to do the job
- Eliminates performance issues associated with older ducting systems that have air leaks
- The ability to create personalized ‘comfort zones’ in different areas of your home, and reduce energy consumption in areas that are not being used
Applications of Mini-Split Heat Pumps:
- Dens, dining rooms, and living rooms/great rooms
- Home offices
- Areas that experience excessive heat loss or solar gain, compared to the rest of the home
- In homes with central heating and cooling where certain rooms are consistently much colder and/or hotter than where the thermostat is located
- For homes with hot water heat, or that don’t have a central ducting system
- For any room that you want to heat and cool independently
- When central heating and cooling costs more to operate than you like
Multi-Zone Heating & Cooling, With A Variety of Indoor Blower Unit Options
In addition to the benefits of zoning that mini-split heat pumps afford, multi-zone systems offer the ability to power multiple indoor blower units using only one outdoor condensing units. This allows heat pump owners in Arvada to keep their carbon footprint and noises levels low. The wall-mounted indoor blower is the most popular option, and we also install ceiling-cassette, floor mounted console, and duct-able blower units that can be hidden out of sight.
Whole-Home Comfort with Mini-Split Heat Pumps
With the continued trend of regional utilities shifting away from burning fossil fuels and towards renewable energy sources for electrical generation, many homeowners are joining along. Converting older, less efficient gas or electric heating systems over to ductless heat pumps is a great way to reduce dependency on fossil fuels. From zoning capabilities to efficient, effective heating and cooling, whole-home ductless systems are an eco-friendly option with tons of benefits to consider.
ENERGY STAR Recognition for Mitsubishi Ductless Systems
Our team at Save Home Heat Company continues to choose Mitsubishi Electric as our ductless mini-split heat pump and air conditioner product line of choice. Mitsubishi is a global leader in the ductless industry, and Save Home Heat Company has been a highly rated Mitsubishi Diamond Contractor serving Arvada for many years, one of the oldest Mitsubishi dealerships on the Front Range. The popular P- and M- series Mitsubishi models have been recognized by the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) as meeting the ENERGY STAR 2017 criteria. This honor is only awarded to manufacturers who meet or exceed all ENERGY STAR efficiency requirements on their systems. In addition, select top-of-the-line Mitsubishi ductless systems meet the new ENERGY STAR Most Efficient 2020 standards, which recognizes ultra high efficiency home products.
Central Heat Pumps in Arvada
If you’re happy with the performance of your current furnace and ducting system in how well they distribute heated and cooled air in your home, central heat pumps are an option worth considering when installing new central air conditioning or replacing existing central AC.
A central heat pump will do the same job as a traditional AC system, but comes with the bonus of providing heating during the winter. When times during the heating season are relatively mild, a properly sized and professionally installed central heat pump can often handle most or all of the heating you need to stay comfortable. This means that you can reduce your reliance on the fossil fuels burned by your furnace to maintain comfort in your Arvada home, as well as extend the lifespan of your furnace by shifting some of the workload over to your heat pump.
Dual Fuel Heating Systems
A dual fuel system is when a central heat pump is paired with a gas furnace. ‘Dual fuel’ refers to the fact that two fuel sources are being used for heating and cooling (electricity for the heat pump, and gas for the furnace). A great benefit to this arrangement is that the furnace takes over from the heat pump whenever necessary to fully meet the heating demands of the home. By sharing the heating load between the two, there is less wear on both systems, higher efficiency, and a smaller carbon footprint.
The advantages of a central dual fuel heating and cooling system include:
- Greener heating and cooling option than a standard furnace and AC system
- Reduced gas consumption
- Reduced carbon footprint
- Improved system efficiency
- Decreased load and increased lifespan for furnace
- Two sources of heat instead of just one (a built-in backup system)
- State-of-the-art comfort levels, all year-round
In our opinion, the best dual fuel central heating and AC system is the combination of a high efficiency, variable-output furnace together with a high efficiency, variable-output heat pump. There are other enhanced performance options available that include high efficiency single-stage systems, as well as two-stage heat pumps.
If you are considering a variable-output or two-stage heating and cooling system, we encourage you to have your home assessed by an expert that’s very experienced with these kinds of systems before making a final decision. Our team at Save Home Heat Company has a great deal of experience installing and servicing variable-output and two-stage furnaces, air conditioners, and heat pumps in Arvada. You can count on our advice and recommendations.
Rebates for Arvada Heat Pumps!
Certain high efficiency central and mini-split heat pumps may qualify for utility company and/or manufacturer rebates! Be sure to visit our Rebates & Incentives page page or talk with our team for current information in Arvada.
Is a Heat Pump Right For My Home?
If you have any questions or want professional recommendations about a heat pump system for your Arvada residence, you can trust our team at Save Home Heat Company. We provide low-pressure information for homeowners without the sales pitch, so you can make a decision that’s truly right for you and your home. Please call our friendly and experienced staff to sschedule a free heat pump installation quote for your Arvada home. We’ll work hard to ensure your ductless or central heat pump installation is executed hassle-free from start to finish.
Our Complete Line of Quality Home Services Includes:
- AC Repair, Maintenance, and Installation – Ductless & Central Systems – Central Evaporative Cooling
- Furnace, Boiler, and Heat Pump Repair, Maintenance, and Installations
- Hot Water Baseboard and Radiant Floor Heating System Service & Installation
- Household Plumbing Services
- Complete Residential Electrical Services
- Central Indoor Air Quality (IAQ) Products
- Water Heater Repairs & Installation – Standard, High Recovery, Tankless, and more