Central & Mini-Split Heat Pumps in Longmont
Available in both central and ductless mini-split models, heat pumps are an effective and efficient source of both whole-home and independent room heating and cooling for your home in Longmont, CO.
What Is A Heat Pump?
An air-source heat pump works exactly like an air conditioner during the summer, and then reverses its function in the winter to provide heat in your home. Heat pumps are excellent, efficient year-round systems and powered by electricity, they’re a more eco-friendly heating option than heaters that rely on gas or propane. Heat pumps continue to grow in popularity in Longmont and surrounding communities as part of the push towards cleaner technology for home heating products that will help reduce your carbon footprint.
Central heat pumps are typically not adequate to handle the entire heating workload in a centrally ducted system in our area, but combined with a gas forced air furnace in what is known as a ‘dual fuel heating system,’ they are a great option to conventional central AC, proving a number of valuable benefits.
Ductless heat pumps, on the other hand, work independently of a central system. Also known as mini-split heat pumps, these systems provide independent heating and air conditioning to specific rooms and areas of the home. Many of our customers enjoy and appreciate the ’zoning’ ability afforded by mini-split heat pumps. These continue to be a product of choice for our customers in Longmont and surrounding communities.
Brands We Carry
Ductless Mini-Split Heat Pumps in Longmont
Of the many products we install in Longmont, ductless heat pumps continue to gather some of the highest customer praise. These sleek, quiet, and effective area heating and cooling systems are efficient during both the summer and winter. Certain mini-split heat pumps can even offer significant heat when outdoor temperatures reach as low as 10 degrees below zero. If both heating and air conditioning is desired for rooms that could use some comfort assistance, ductless heat pumps are a high quality solution worth considering for virtually space your Longmont home. Whether to solve specific problem areas, or even in fully zoned whole-home applications, ductless heat pumps are a great heating and cooling option that it makes sense to learn more about.
Longmont Mini-Split Heat Pump Benefits:
- Very responsive, effective, and reliable
- Remarkably quiet indoors & outside
- Indoor blower units are sleek & unobtrusive, and don’t require a huge hole in the wall or a window
- Outdoor condenser is much smaller & quieter than a central system unit
- Highly efficient with low operating costs – efficiencies up to 12.5 HSPF (heating) and 30+ SEER (AC)
- INVERTER-driven compressor technology uses only the energy needed to do the job
- Eliminates performance issues associated with older ducting systems that have air leaks
- The ability to create personalized ‘comfort zones’ in different areas of your home, and reduce energy consumption in areas that are not being used
Applications of Mini-Split Heat Pumps:
- Dens, dining rooms, and living rooms/great rooms
- Home offices
- Areas that experience excessive heat loss or solar gain, compared to the rest of the home
- In homes with central heating and cooling where certain rooms are consistently much colder and/or hotter than where the thermostat is located
- For homes with hot water heat, or that don’t have a central ducting system
- For any room that you want to heat and cool independently
- When central heating and cooling costs more to operate than you like
Multi-Zone Heating & Air Conditioning
Mini-split heat pumps can be utilized to create multiple independently heated and cooled ‘zones’, making a system of areas that can be individually adjusted to meet specific comfort needs from room to room. Multi-zones systems can be created from a single outdoor condensing unit that in some cases can power as many as six indoor blower units. Wall-mounted indoor units are very popular, and other options include floor mounted consoles, ceiling-cassette models, and modest duct-able blower units that are easily tucked away from line of sight.
Heating and Cooling for Your Entire Longmont Home!
Regional utilities have continued to make the move towards using more and more renewable energy sources for electrical generation. Many homeowners have shown interest in joining suit and are interested in finding ways to reduce their carbon footprint by reducing reliance on burning fossil fuels for heating their homes. By converting older gas or electric heating systems to whole-home ductless heat pump sytems, a more environmentally heating and cooling option can be enjoyed – a more efficient, versatile, and comfortable one at that!
Mitsubishi Ductless Systems Have ENERGY STAR Recognition
Mitsubishi is a recognized leader in the ductless home comfort industry, and Save Home Heat Company has been a highly rated Mitsubishi Diamond Contractor for many years, longer than nearly every HVAC contractor in the Front Range. Mitsubishi’s popular M- and P- series models are recognized by the EPA as meeting ENERGY STAR 2017 standards, an award only given to manufacturers who meet or exceed all ENERGY STAR efficient criteria. In addition, select top-of-the-line Mitsubishi ductless systems meet the new ENERGY STAR Most Efficient 2020 standards, which recognize a variety of ultra-high efficiency home products.
Central Heat Pumps For Longmont Homes
If you’re content with the performance of your current furnace and ducting system, a central heat pump can be a great option when installing a new central air conditioner or when replacing an older AC unit. A central heat pump does the exact same job as a conventional air conditioner in delivering you reliable, effective cooling during the warm months, but also provides heating during the winter! Working together with your furnace, a central heat pump provides a range of benefits that are well worth considering as an alternative to a conventional central AC system.
Dual Fuel Heating Systems in Longmont
An arrangement known as a ‘dual fuel heating system’ is created by the installation of a central pump in tandem with a central forced air gas furnace. Electricity powers the central heat pump, while gas powers the furnace, hence the ‘dual’ part. In this system, the central heat pump handles most of the heating load under relatively mild conditions, and when demand exceeds what it can provide, it smoothly hands off the job to the furnace. This result is less strain and wear on your furnace, helping to prolong its life, and a reduced carbon footprint through the reduced burning of gas. It’s also nice to have a built-in backup heater in case one of them should fail.
The advantages of a central dual fuel heating and cooling system include:
- Greener heating and cooling option than a standard furnace and AC system
- Reduced gas consumption
- Reduced carbon footprint
- Improved system efficiency
- Decreased load and increased lifespan for furnace
- Two sources of heat instead of just one (a built-in backup system)
- State-of-the-art comfort levels, all year-round
For the optimum central dual fuel heating and cooling system, our team at Save Home Heat Company recommends the combination of a high efficiency, variable-output furnace with a high efficiency, variable-output heat pump. There are also other high performance heat pump options, including high efficiency two-stage heat pumps, and high efficiency single-stage heat pump systems.
If considering a two-stage or variable-output central heat pump system, be sure to have your home assessed by a professional HVAC contractor that is highly experienced in installing, setting up, and servicing these premium, advanced heating and cooling products. In the Longmont area, Save Home Heat Company checks every box!
Rebates for Heat Pumps in Longmont!
If you’re considering a heat pump for your home in Longmont, be sure to check out our Rebates & Incentives page or speak with one of our helpful, knowledgeable comfort advisors. Utility company and manufacturer rebates may be available on specific high-efficiency mini-split and central heat pumps!
Longmont’s Highly Experienced Heat Pump Team
For any questions you may have about heat pumps and for low-pressure, informative recommendations, Save Home Heat Company is here to help homeowners in Longmont find solutions to improve your comfort and the increase efficiency in your home. Our many years of experience and expertise installing ductless and central heat pumps will ensure you of a smooth, hassle-free installation process from beginning to end. To learn more or to schedule a free heat pump installation quote, please contact our team today.
Our Complete Line of Quality Home Services Includes:
- AC Repair, Maintenance, and Installation – Ductless & Central Systems – Central Evaporative Cooling
- Furnace, Boiler, and Heat Pump Repair, Maintenance, and Installations
- Hot Water Baseboard and Radiant Floor Heating System Service & Installation
- Household Plumbing Services
- Complete Residential Electrical Services
- Central Indoor Air Quality (IAQ) Products
- Water Heater Repairs & Installation – Standard, High Recovery, Tankless, and more