Our Best High Efficiency Replacement Furnace
As we enter the heating season, many homeowners are thinking about upgrading their home’s forced air furnace. While it’s no surprise to our team that in the minds of many people, traditional furnaces leave much to be desired, we’re glad to say that replacement furnace options today address many of those old issues. Greater comfort levels and quieter operation, along with very high efficiency ratings, are just some of the features now available.
In this blog post, we’re like to highlight our very best – and our customers’ leading choice – replacement furnace, the Lennox Industries model SLP99V variable-capacity gas furnace. In over 40 years serving the Denver-Boulder area, this furnace is the quietest and most efficient furnace we have ever installed. Independent, industry-wide testing also bears this out. Let’s take a closer look at this outstanding replacement furnace.
What Is a High Efficiency Furnace?
Per accepted industry jargon and lingo, a high efficiency furnace has an efficiency rating of 90% AFUE (annual fuel utilization efficiency) or higher. One of the ways high efficiency furnaces are distinguished from other models is that all 90-plus furnaces use Schedule 40 PVC plastic vent pipe for the exhaust and combustion air. In addition, all models produce a small stream of water that condenses from the cool exhaust gas during operation, which is safely drained away from the furnace – this is where the common term ‘condensing furnace’ comes from. High efficiency furnaces are the leading choice with our customers, and in a broad line of quality furnace options to choose from, the Lennox SLP99V leads the way by a big margin.
A very noteworthy feature that can be found only in certain top-end models of high efficiency furnaces is variable-capacity, also known as variable-output heating. Variable-capacity heating is a design which allows the furnace to automatically decrease or increase its heating output (and gas and electrical consumption) during operation to more accurately match the specific heating needs of the home. For many reasons, we feel the variable-capacity furnace design is superior to all others.
Our Top Replacement Furnace: The Lennox SLP99V Variable-Capacity Furnace
The SLP99V is the flagship of Lennox’s long-standing, high quality furnace line. A proven, variable-capacity gas furnace that features, among other components, a modulating gas valve and variable-speed fans, independent testing in 2019 and 2020 (per AHRI and ANSI/ASHRAE standards – what a mouthful!) continues to certify the SLP99V as the quietest and most efficient furnace you can buy. Those and other reasons are why our customers are so impressed when they replace an old, standard furnace with one of these units.
Primary Benefits of the SLP99V
- Superior comfort levels, compared to all other furnace designs
- The quietest furnace you can buy!
- Less intrusive – the furnace fan speed gradually ramps up and down at the beginning and end of each heating cycle
- Delivers the most even heating to all rooms and levels of your home – helps reduce stratification and improve heat delivery to rooms located far from the furnace
- Most accurate tracking of the thermostat setting, greatly reducing annoying, wide temperature swings between heating cycles
- At 99% AFUE efficiency, it has the lowest gas & electrical consumption = the lowest heating bills!
- The longer heating cycles associated with variable-output furnaces, at lower fan speeds, improves furnace filter and central humidifier performance
- Compatible with all types of central AC options: variably-capacity, 2-stage, and conventional single-stage systems. It keeps all central cooling options on the table!
The above performance would not be possible from this state-of-the-art Lennox furnace without important design advancements that are now well established in our industry, with a proven track record.
Key Design Features of the Lennox SLP99V Include:
- Self-adjusting, modulating gas valve – adjusts up and down in 1% increments, with bottom limit 30% of rated heat output
- Sophisticated controls, employing special temperature sensors, to monitor system performance and make automatic adjustments
- Highly efficient, ultra quiet, variable-speed ECM main blower motor
- Ultra quiet, efficient, variable-speed exhaust fan
- Sealed combustion venting – the safest, quietest venting design for high efficiency furnaces
- Smart thermostat enabled, with Wi-Fi connectivity
ENERGY STAR Most Efficient 2021
We’d be remiss if we didn’t take a moment to further emphasize the exceptional efficiency of this furnace, which is also recognized by its ENERGY STAR Most Efficient 2021 label. In our broad furnace, heat pump, and AC line, only the very top-end products that we install meet the criteria for this special ENERGY STAR elite level recognition. The Lennox SLP99V stands out as our very best replacement furnace, and the wisest investment for a family that’s ‘putting down roots for a spell’ in their current home – or for anyone who desires the ultimate performing system and the smallest carbon footprint attainable in a gas furnace.